About one in every eight women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Breast cancer can be a difficult thing to face, but with treatment and support, it does not have to be insurmountable. To learn more about breast cancer, check out these resources. If you would like to schedule an appointment for breast cancer screening or care, contact Dr. Marla W. Dudak, MD by calling (888) 418-6759.
- BreastCancer.org offers recent breast cancer statistics.
- Check out these recommendations for individual breast cancer awareness and detection on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure website.
- Learn how to complete a breast self-exam by following these guidelines provided by the American Cancer Society.
- The National Cancer Institute offers information about the stages of breast cancer.
- Assess your risk factors for breast cancer by visiting this site from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.